November 19, 2012

Broken Thanks

This week at Support for Special Needs, I do something so clichéd in the world of bloggery that I'd might as well be posting pictures of my cat (if I had one) or making little graphics with variations on "...said no one ever" or snotty Willy Wonka.

That's right. It's a Thanksgiving, "what I'm thankful for" post. I'm not too sure how much of it is specific to parents or families of disability, other than it feels like we look a little harder for the bright spots, and are more fully and desperately sustained by the ones we find.

I'm not sure if I'll post again this week. You never know with me, do you? If I don't return before Thursday, I'd like to wish all my American readers the very happiest of Thanksgivings. As for the rest of you, have a swell Thursday.

Next Monday is my birthday. Warning: it's kind of a bad one. Here's hoping I make it to then. I'm not counting those chickens before they hatch. They are not in fact spring chickens, after all.

Note: This is not a chicken, spring or otherwise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob
I have been following your blog intermittently and thought you'd be in Chicago by now? Are you? That was such a big announcement, and I am wondering how it's going.

Robert Hudson said...

Still going, just taking a little longer than we anticipated.

Anonymous said...

Ok - glad it's still happening, and looking forward to sharing that adventure with you all.
-Stephanie