June 4, 2012

The Future is its Own Kind of Monster

My latest post at Support for Special Needs discusses how the end of the school year means facing the future, and how for those of us with kids with disabilities, looking into that future can be pretty disconcerting.

In other news, Schuyler finally got her year-long dream over the weekend, which was to color her hair blue. Except it didn't turn out blue, not even close. She was disappointed (How many little girls dream of having hair that is gunmetal grey?), but it grew on her. I knew we were going to be okay when she looked at herself in the mirror, paused, and then said "I look evil!"



6 comments:

Ethel Mertz said...

Please don't ever tell her that she looks too sweet to ever look evil.

Michelle said...

To get real blue, you'll need to bleach! My 11.5 year old had a pretty sizable section bleached 1.5 years ago, and still sports different colors... the "natural color" hair just doesn't show the dye as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dhmspector/7024509531/in/photostream

Helena Sue said...

Special FX makes a blue hair stain that works great. It says 6-8 weeks, but it stayed in my hair for months until I dyed brown over it. It's really gentle, too.

Ru said...

Schuyler needs some Jerome Russell Punky. ;) It makes the best, longest-lasting blues I've ever seen! You can get it at Ulta if you don't feel like shopping online for it.

jtj said...

I saw that you tweeted about looking for a job in Chicago. Does this mean you are moving to Chi-town?!? If so, congrats! You will love it here:-)

jtj said...

I saw on Twitter that you are looking for a job in Chicago. Does that mean you are moving to Chi-town?!? If so, congrats! You will love it up here:-)