June 25, 2012

Extraordinary Measures

There's a new post up at Support for Special Needs. I'm actually not entirely sure what to say to describe this one. I quote an old torch song, "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." I think that quote might just sum it up nicely.

I'm still looking for a job in Chicago, by the way. You know, in case you were thinking of offering me one but didn't want to get lost in the crush of offers coming my way. Crush away. Seriously. Don't make me beg.

3 comments:

cappadocius said...

Did you apply for the Copy Editor position with The A.V. Club?

Jen said...

Oh, yes, the compliments. My situation was temporary - I had a very premature baby and while we don't know what challenges he faces in the future, if any, the 4 months in the NICU and a few months beyond were the most challenging. And so many people wanted to tell me how strong and amazing I was, and it made me uncomfortable. I'm not special, I did and drove and cuddled and read charts and quizzed nurses because that's my job. He was doing the hard part, all pound and a half of him, the least I could do was look after the logistics (and, you know, the cuddling. Obviously).

Anonymous said...

Even my job counselor says it's a hard market out there. I just tried not to whimper.

(Hey, you accept FB friend requests from your random stalkers, right? XD Finally figured out why I couldn't comment on your posts...)