May 7, 2012

The Anxious Season

There is a new post up at Support for Special Needs. Schuyler's IEP meeting is later today, so I decided to share my thoughts on that whole process.

The big news today is that for the first time, Schuyler will be attending that meeting. This has been something we've always wanted her to do, as soon as she was ready. She's going to share her decision with the committee as to what assistive tech solution she has chosen for next year. We've given that decision over to her entirely, and she has been extremely mature and contemplative in making that choice.

I couldn't be more proud of her.


4 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Growing up! How exciting.

paula said...

Hi Rob, Awhile ago I read your book Schuyler's Monster & really enjoyed it. I'm now trying to recall the full name of Schuyler's diagnosis as I've just heard of a 4 year old with similar symptoms & her mum is desperate for a diagnosis. I know it's Congenital bilateral p...... ? I wanted to pass it on just in case. Many thanks, Paula

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

I've been thinking about Schuyler and the IEP meeting all day! Here's hoping it went well and you'll update us soon.

Unknown said...

I hope the meeting went well. We have our daughter's IEP meeting this week as well. Let's hope we all get what we need!!