April 3, 2008

Fancy pants LIVE


A hundred copies
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob
A few booky things for you this morning.

I'll be venturing into the terrifying world of live radio tomorrow, on The John McMullen Show in Palm Springs, California. (AM 970, 1140, 1250) If you live elsewhere but would still like to listen in and see if I'm going to drop an F bomb or throw up on the air, go to the K-News Radio 970 page for streaming audio. The show is on from 10am to noon, Pacific time. (Crap, now I have to do math.)

Next week, a reporter from a station in Houston is coming up to do a story on us. I'll keep you posted.

I've also got a live television appearance coming up on April 23, on a local Dallas area show, Good Morning Texas. The segment is called The Not So Perfect Parent. Schuyler might just make an appearance, so catch it if you can. If Schuyler has one predictable quality, it is her unpredictability. She loves chaos. I have no idea where she gets that.

11 comments:

Karen Harrington said...

You look like you just climbed to the top of the mountain of books! Very cool. Congrats on the upcoming appearances.

Karen Harrington said...

Cool pic! Congrats on your upcoming appearances.

Laura said...

Congrats on the upcoming fancypantsery! I wish I could see/hear it all! (Even the streaming radio part will probably be during school… aww).

And that is an awesome picture. Very cool.

Becki said...

Would you just know it, Good Morning Texas doesn't play in Las Vegas. Lame.

Anonymous said...

Of course, you're going to capture the streaming audio at home (so you can re-broadcast or replay or re-share it or use it in the movie)... right?

Anonymous said...

I'm not a stalker, but I've been behaving as one. I emailed you last week when I was on page 108 of your book. I finished the book later that evening, and since then, I've been researching you and precious Schuyler. Were your ears burning? You and Schuyler have changed our lives. My son might be able to talk to me one day because of you. SO MUCH has happened to us in the past week, and I am SO much wiser now. I started a blog about it today, but what I have written so far is a mere blip on the radar of my son's life. I'M SO EXCITED to see how things unfold. In the meantime... I'm going to continue researching the BBoW.

girl_in_greenwood said...

Hey, Mr. Fancy Pants Author, I checked your book out from the library yesterday and took it back there today. Because I changed my mind about reading it? No! Because I couldn't tear myself away and read the whole thing in one day. It's terrific. And I'm looking forward to reading your next book, too. Cheers!

Amanda said...

Hey Rob,

Just finished listening to you...saw the post and clicked on the link (thinking i'd likely missed it) JUST as he was introducing you-do I have good timing or what?

you sounded good, and I thought it went well. I hope you received my email and that we're still on for the class project I told you about. I completely understand if you're too busy right now with all your fancy pants author activities!

Jessica said...

Just finished the book....... LOVED it!

Galen said...

I just found your blog and am fascinated, both as an OT and as a parent of special needs "kids" (now adults). I'll be looking for you on Good Morning, Texas.

Anonymous said...

With you buying a hundred copies of your book at every town you travel to it's not surprising that Schuyler's Monster is so popular. :)

The interesting thing about the TV appearance is that you have what we might call a face for radio. :)

Naaah, just kidding.

Congratulations on your continued success.

Hank/Jim