February 7, 2008

Coincidental booking

Holy crap, I just realized, and I mean just this moment, that I will be doing a book signing in Austin during the same weekend as the SXSW Festivals. I'm not sure what this will mean for me, other than I will probably end up sleeping in my car since all the hotels are probably already booked. Does it mean that absolutely no one will be at my signing because they'll all be at SXSW? Or does it mean that I'll have lots of people at my signing who wouldn't be there otherwise because they're in town for SXSW? No idea.

Well, if you're going to be in town anyway, I hope you'll come listen to me jabber and maybe talk to me afterwards. I'll also be in Austin for another day after that before my event in San Antonio two days later. Let's hang, yo.

12 comments:

robyncz said...

What's with all the yo-ing? yo!

Also, what's the date of the book signing in Austin?

Robert Hudson said...

I don't know, it just felt like time for a yo.

Sunday, March 9, 2008
2:00 pm
Barnes & Noble - Arboretum
10000 Research Blvd. #158
Austin, TX 78759

Lyds said...

Wow, I actually might be there!

Ariel said...

In my case, it's the latter. I'm not sure I'll see you in NYC, but I'll definitely be in Austin that weekend so I'll try to make it to the reading!

Christina said...

I'll try to be there. That's like two blocks from home, so even someone as disorganized as me ought to be able to manage it.

Anonymous said...

You need to come to Ohio Yo. I'd be hitting that SXSW up if I were you! What a cool overlap.

Carrie said...

Well damn! I'll be in Austin all week, but I'm leaving on Saturday, March 8.

AlieMalie said...

oooh, so March 11 in San Antonio?! sweet!

Linda Ball said...

We decided to skip SXSW film this year and I have your reading on my calendar. Indeed, if you do find yourself bedless, I can find you a bed as well. Downtown hotels are majorly booked. Arboretum area probably not. I'm thinking, too, that I might get my better half to pimp your reading to some people. As he likes to say "Crowd swelling our specialty!" I would love to hang, too. Will the family be along?

Robert Hudson said...

Julie and Schuyler will be at the Dallas area signings, but not in Austin, unfortunately. I'm doing a three-city swing, and I don't think Schuyler would hold up very well by the end.

Linda Ball said...

I didn't figure they could come with the Houston/Austin/San Antonio bit. Maybe we can do a little get together Sunday evening? Monday evening? We'll talk as the time approaches. You are such a rock star.

Lis said...

That is just too odd. I live in Washington DC but I'm going to Texas to visit my dad for my birthday the same week you're doing your mini tour. I may have to either swing back down to Houston from dreaded Huntsville (gasp) on the 8th or go to Austin early to make it on the 9th... such hard choices! (I also planned my trip to Austin before knowing it was SXSW, but at least I have my brother's bed to sleep on.)