October 21, 2006

Stalking for Dummies

Just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that I will be crawling out of my little writing cave for two public events in the coming month or two.

On November 2, I will be present for the opening of an art exhibit in Austin called Celebrated Skin. The topic of the exhibit is tattoo art, and my contribution will be my right arm, which I presume will be up on the wall. (A photo of my arm, rather; I love art, but I'm not game for an amputation just yet.) Stop by and watch me pretend to know what the hell I'm talking about.

On December 11 (and a day or two after, I imagine), I will be in New York City for a Media Bistro panel. I don't have any details right now, although I don't think it's going to be an "open to the public" thing, but I'll let you know when I have more information. If nothing else, it might be fun to put together some kind of small gathering while I'm in town.

Stalkers, sharpen your knives and make your plans.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if you printed it, that's got to be a little thrill, looking at that manuscript. If you decide to trust randon lurkers on your site with your book (HAA!), I'm a freelance editor by trade and would be happy to help you out. I'm holding my breath. Really. Ok, not really, I just haven't had enough coffee yet this morning and am a little silly.

Anonymous said...

The tattoo art thing sounds fun! Is there a website for the exhibition, I wonder?
Oh, if I lived on your side of the pond, I'd totally be stalking. In a good , loving way, you understand...

Michelle O'Neil said...

Congratulations on your coolness!
Hope you enjoy the tat convention and I simply can't wait to read your book!

Anonymous said...

you're like, touring and stuff!

Anonymous said...

What's up with wingwalkers? I noticed it was MIA today. Are you calling it off because of the book deadlines? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me when not to get excited!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

I'll be at the opening on the 2nd as well. My friend Katie was photographed for that as well.

I'll come say hi as you smile and nod and go "who the fuck is that"

Robert Hudson said...

I will definitely NOT say "who the fuck is that"! That's awesome!

Kerri said...

Hey Rob. I work in PR, so I keep an eye on MediaBistro all the time. I see that your panel is on a Monday, so although I would love to go (I live in NJ), I won't be able to. If by some stroke of luck you're having a gathering of local readers of your blog over the weekend before, though, I'd love to meet you (and have an excuse to go to the city again).