October 31, 2006

Come see Mister Fancy Pants


NYC
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.

Those of you living in the New York City area might be wondering to yourselves, "Say, I wonder what I'm going to be doing on the evening of Monday, December 11? Surely there's some way I can spend, say, twenty bucks or so and be both informed and amused!"

From Blogger to Author: How Bloggers Got Book Deals, and What Happened Next
Monday, December 11, 7-9 pm
Small Press Center
20 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
212-764-7021


I had no idea that Jessica "Washingtonienne" Cutler is going to be one of the speakers. I'm going to have to try extra hard to be interesting now. "Yeah yeah yeah, crazy sexual exploits in the halls of power are interesting, I suppose, but what we REALLY want to hear about is the Big Box of Words!"

Don't worry. I'll make stuff up if I have to. For twenty bucks, you deserve some zazz.

14 comments:

Omar said...

The Washingtonienne + the Darn Tootienne? That's some hot bloggin' right there.

Robert Hudson said...

Who wants to bet I can get her to throw a drink in my face? Anyone?

Anonymous said...

Heh. I went to college with Ms. Cutler. You'll have no trouble keeping the audience's attention.

Anonymous said...

That's great publicity. How did you work this gig out? Is it something your publisher or agent sought out for you, or did you arrange it? Neat stuff.

Lyrically speaking said...

I wish I could attend, i'll be out of town, sounds like a lot of fun

Robert Hudson said...

MediaBistro contacted me and invited me. It was very cool.

eightk said...

And after the gig, you should totally come to Philadelphia to talk to some geeky grad students...talk to Liz!

bozoette said...

I'm quite sure that, while signficantly less prurient, your book will be far more readable. You, unlike Ms. Cutler, can write.

Robert Hudson said...

Oh, don't sell me short, I can be plenty prurient.

Anonymous said...

"Ms. Cutler"? wtf

Anyway, I liked her book. "Heh."

Anonymous said...

(makes note)

That's about four blocks from my day job....

Anonymous said...

...And I meant to add that therefore, I can probably recommend places to eat nearby afterward if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

wow, very cool.

Robert Hudson said...

Actually, I think Jessica Cutler is a good writer, and I'm glad she turned a shitty situation into something positive.