May 2, 2006

What I'm Listening to Tonight

Tables and Chairs by Andrew Bird

If we can call them friends we can call them on red telephones
and they won't pretend that they're too busy or they're not alone.
If we can call them friends we can call,
holler at 'em down these hallowed halls,
but we can't let the human factor fail to be a factor at all.

Don't, don't you worry
about the atmosphere
or any sudden pressure change.

'Cause I know
that it's starting
to get warm in here
and things are
starting to get strange.

And did you
did you see how
all our friends were there
drinkin' roses from the can?

How, how I wish I
I had talked to them
and wished they
fit into the plan.

And we were tired of being mild.
We were so tired of being mild.
And we were tired.

I know we're gonna meet someday in the crumbled financial institutions of this land.
There will be tables and chairs,
there'll be pony rides and dancing bears,
there'll even be a band.
'Cause listen after the fall there'll be no more countries
no currencies at all.
We're gonna live on our wits
gonna throw away survival kits
trade butterfly knives for adderal.
And that's not all.
Woah!
There will be snacks, there will
there will be snacks!

And we were tired of being mild.
We were so tired of being mild.
And we were so tired.

So don't you, don't you worry
about the atmosphere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of Andrew Bird, thanks to you -- I can't remember now which song on which of your videos hooked me, but I wanted to say thanks for introducing me to such an amazing musician.
-- Trish

english said...

yes