March 9, 2006

There will be snacks.


Powerlines at sunset
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
Tonight is my last night as music manager at The Monolith.

This weekend I am shooting a wedding, and this time I'll be shooting it solo, not as part of a team. I'll simply be the photographer, or as I'll be thinking it in my head, The Photographer.

And next Wednesday, I start my new job as Coordinator of Communications for the School of Architecture at the University of I'mnottellingyouwhere.

So while this hasn't been a great day (I had to cancel my diabetic nutrition class because it turns out that my insurance won't cover it, so I have to fight with them again, and some snotty little North Dallas kids were nasty to Schuyler), I am nevertheless feeling hopeful and excited about the future.

One of my favorite Andrew Bird songs, Tables and Chairs, describes the world after the collapse of financial institutions, when there will be no more countries or currencies. In this world, Bird says, we'll throw away our survival kits and be free. There will be tables and chairs, pony rides and dancing bears and a band. Best of all, he sings, "there will be snacks".

I like that.

7 comments:

Robert Hudson said...

Thank you!

Also, sorry about turning off anonymous commenting. It was being abused.

lara said...

andrew bird has some amazing lines, but nothing the likes of "there will be snacks."

(although the almost-whispered question of "monsters?" in fake palindromes comes close.)

Unknown said...

Dude, you missed a great joke.

It's Nottellin U. Ah the Fighting Anonymi.

jas said...

What they said...

And, in addition, if the Plano snots are going to get all uppity, it may well be time to program "Bite Me, Prick" into the BBoW...or the ever popular "Suck my balls!"

tiff said...

"The Photographer" is very cool. Like a superhero name!
Request - more with the cool music stuff, please.

Stephanie said...

I too came here to give kudos for an Andrew Bird shout out so that I could seem "with it". Someone beat me to it.

But speaking of, every time I see a picture of Schuyler, I cant believe she is the same little kid I met at Cheapo that afternoon when we watched Andrew Bird.

We're getting old

Kate Schmidt said...

Good luck (and have fun) with the wedding!