February 26, 2006

The Chubbin had a good day


Schuyler on her bike
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
The sun came out today, and we made the most of it. Schuyler finally got to tear around the bike trail on her hot pink Stingray (with purple flames, don't forget), and then we met up with some friends who were in town to visit the Dallas Zoo.

I really don't have much else to say, nothing pithy or world-changing. I had a good day with Schuyler, and that's enough for me.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Schuyler has decided that she wants pink hair, this time for real. At first she wanted purple, but then she decided to run with pink.

She actually said it on her device. "I want pink hair."

Our first thought was "Well, of course not!" And then my second thought was, "Well, why not?"

(I think Julie's still hanging on that first thought.)

We went to Walgreen's to pick up more Beedie supplies, and while we were there, we looked at some of the hair colors. I think if we do this, we're going to compromise and go with her first choice, or actually sort of a plum. I like the idea of shocking the North Dallas folk, but hot pink might be overkill.

So yeah, Schuyler with purple hair. I'm sure someone out there has some thoughts on this.

8 comments:

gabbiana said...

Why not, indeed? With a bike like that, it's a sin *not* to have purple hair. And she might as well get it out of the way before she has to, y'know, work or something.

Anonymous said...

Do it! I understand having to compromise with the purple, if you must. But if you can make it happen, go for the pink.

Anonymous said...

Kool-aid works for hair dying and it fades out quite easily. Maybe Schuyler would like that sort of thing. Using a kid's drink to dye her hair... Dunno. She looked wonderful with that pink wig. Have fun with it. I know she will. Keeping my fingers crossed about you and the Beeties. Regards to you all, -J

Anonymous said...

Manic Panic. Awesome colors, non-toxic.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. My hair is pink these days - my three year old son's idea. This definitely fell into the "why not?" category. No job... few friends... who do I have to impress besides my son? Oh and my husband I guess.

Trisha, our kids would get along great. :) My son was a beautiful butterfly for halloween.

Well, no, actually he was a kitty who was dressed up like a butterfly. It's complicated.

CJ said...

I've learned you only live once and what harm would it do? I mean, seriously, why can she NOT have pinkor purple hair? Go for it!

Bev Sykes said...

Definitely "why not indeed"? Having lived through children who have had hair every color of the rainbow, I know it's not the issue one wants to turn into World War III (or has GW made that cliche saying now "World War IV"?)

Go, Schuyler!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh such a perfect day!
You just keep me hangin on
You just keep me hangin on