March 26, 2012

The Iceman Cometh, with his Legal Team

Happy Monday, friends.

Today's post at Support for Special Needs touches on the uneasy state of affairs between AAC device makers and app developers trying to utilize tech advances in consumer electronics to further their craft.

Things have taken a turn for the ugly. Well, uglier, anyway.

(Bonus: Schuyler gave me a quote, typed directly into the doc on the computer. She did a great job of saying exactly what she wanted to say, about how she feels about her current device and what she wants to do in the future. I'm really proud of her.)



Also, the ever-cool Jen Lee Reeves, with whom I spoke on a panel at SxSW, is giving away a signed copy of my book. Go check out her post, especially the parts where she nice stuff about me. Because you know me. I like that.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Rob - I learn so much from all your posts. I think there is going to be a similar battle with the devices used for other chronic illnesses. We are already starting to see it among the blood glucose meters for diabetes.

On a mostly unrelated note - I thought of your family this weekend. I was picking up a to-go order from Panera and walked past a table of about 5 people communicating with each other using a combination of sign language and iPads.