October 3, 2008

It's hard out here for a pimp


She digs it.
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob
So I know I already mentioned my appearance tomorrow, but I just wanted to give one last little burst of pimpy goodness.

Tomorrow I'm signing at Borders in Allen, Texas, which is just up the road from where I live. It is in fact the closest bookstore to where I live, so it's sort of like my own quiet little neighborhood bookstore. Mom and Pop, if they worked for a huge corporation.

There are going to be other authors there that day, including a live radio broadcast by Kim Snider, author of How To Be the Family CFO, presumedly giving financial advise (I wonder if she'll mention suicide?). The hour before me will feature two writers who have written books about Princess Diana. (SPOILER: She dies) One of them, Lady Colin Campbell, has a rather interesting story of her own, but I won't ruin your Wikipedia fun by giving it all away.

Oh, and there's a bounce house. They freak me out, personally; all I can imagine is all the bacteria saying "Wheee!" as they jump from one kid to the next. But that's just me. I have Issues.

If you live in the area, I hope you'll come. This is one of those new, "experimental" Borders stores, with the cool music burning and print on demand stations, and the Watters Creek shopping area that it anchors is really very fancy and pleasant. We go there and walk around a lot, pretending we can afford to buy things. It's all so new that if you look at the satelite photo on Google Maps, all you'll see is a big open construction site. Trust me, there's stuff there now. No need for lawn chairs.

And of course, Schuyler will be in attendance. In a very funky dress, I might add. All the trendiest eight-year-old mute chickies will be wearing it this season, mark my words.

-----

Saturday, October 4, 2008
4:00 pm
Borders Books and Music at Watters Creek (map)
965 West Bethany Dr.
Allen, TX 75013
214.383.9676

7 comments:

Karen Harrington said...

I bow to your pimpin' skills.

I'll be there.

The Meyer Family said...

Yeah, yeah, that's just great for Texas - but when are you going to come back up north to visit Michigan again (now with 99% less McCain)? You know, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Detroit. Heck, I'd even settle for Chicago or Bloomington, Indiana!

With the current economic 'situation', Michigan could use a little morale boost. Maybe you could introduce Obama at the next rally??

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I lived in Texas. I'm certain Schuyler will look lovely as always.
Much love and good vibes to you all!

Julia O'C said...

You are not alone in your feelings about the bounce house. Don't get me started on those nasty ball pits. The thought of being in a ball pit makes me want to spend a very long time in a very hot shower. My kids, of course, love them. Blergh.

Wish I could be there for the book signing. Alas, Pittsburgh is too far away.

Anonymous said...

If you're taking requests for visits from the Michigan and Pennsylvania folks, feel free to stop in Ohio on your way from one to the other.

Have fun at the signing! It's probably pretty cool to be a celebrity in your own 'hood. And I haven't read those other books (and well... never will), but yours certainly kicks their butts. Plus you have a lovely assistant.

Bev Sykes said...

Wikipedia has given me an ENTIRE new perspective on the book, "Diana in Private: The Princess Nobody Knows" by Lady Campbell!!!

mek said...

Oh, I wish I could go - even though you have now totally ruined the Princess Di books for me! :) Have fun!