May 10, 2007

Monster taking shape


Schuyler Noelle
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
There's a new post over at Monster Notes, and for a very good reason.

I got my edits back for my book.

I go on about it in jabbery detail over there, so I'll simply say that I am very pleased with them, and I'm getting excited about the finished product that is beginning to take shape. As comfortable as I usually am in being a walking cautionary tale, it looks like this time, things are working out pretty well.

Two other bits of interest to, well, me, anyway. First, the photo you see here is looking like the one that will most likely end up on the cover, which I think is a perfect choice. Secondly, the subtitle issue is shaping up nicely. The leading contender (which I can't share with you just yet, sorry) is both short ond NOT sweet, which is exactly what I hoped for.

I only have a few weeks to get my manuscript into its final fancy pants form, so don't be surprised if I'm a little less present around here for the month of May. (I always say that, but then I never quite go away, do I? You can decide for yourself if that's a good or bad thing...)

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Muy excellente, Hallelujiah, and HOT DAMN!

That's wonderful news, Rob, and so nice to know that you're happy with the edits overall (haven't made it to the Notes yet...damn work anyway). It's so refreshing when we prepare ourselves for the worst-case scenario (gee, I wonder why we shepherds do that? :P ), and what actually happens bears no resemblance to that.

Can't wait for the subtitle news too.

OT - I just saw this and HAD to share it with you. Quick, someone buy Schuyler a nano so that she can have one of these...

www.theistore.com/nanomonsters/
nanomonsters.html

(sorry, I'm too lazy for all that html jazz tonight)

Hmmm... could I see a gift coming after publishing?? What do you think, Dad? ;)

Anonymous said...

I always check in with your blog to see what's up. I am excited for you about the book and for Schulyer - a most precious little girl. There are lots of good-thought-thinkers and sincere well-wishers out here, Rob.

Anonymous said...

GLADNESS!

Also, muy excellente photo choice. Not only does it capture that beautifully wacky girl you two have created, but the irony of the pose ... oh, it hurts.

Please please make sure they post the itinerary of the Pants of a Fancy Nature Book Tour when y'all get it finalized. We stalkers want to be there and shake your hand and admire your fancy pants. (And if you all come to Middle Tennessee, we'll bring Baby Fishmouth. Schuyler will probably be typing "Shut her the eff up, please," within five minutes.)

Bearhugs and proud kisses from Tennessee!

Amy Lynn said...

Great news -- and a BEAUTIFUL picture.

Bernard said...

Great news Rob.

It'll probably be a bit gruelling, I hope it's not too difficult to get through the edits.

Can't wait to see the book.

Anonymous said...

New reader passing through...

I've been reading back as far as I dare to catch up, and I've realized that Schulyer is who i want to be when I grow up. (You're pretty cool, too.)

looking forward to all book news.

Aja B said...

BOO-YAH! So happy to see things going so well with the book, Rob! :D

Anonymous said...

That picture of her is perfect - somehow it captures both the nature of her disability and her fearless "don't tell me what I can't do" attitude.

Marit said...

Awesome news---and I can't wait for the book to come out. Best of luck to you, Rob!