May 19, 2006

Could be worse. Could be raining.


Shitstorm, by Luke Chueh
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
So let me just put this out there.

I'm not having a swell week.

I had a blood sugar incident two days ago in which, despite doing everything the right way, my blood glucose level reached a dangerous level. Because of this, I have now had my daily dosage of Glucophage doubled. So far, this horse pill double whammy does not seem to have a very marked impact on my blood sugar, but it does leave me feeling nauseous and wiped out, like a puppet who has just gone from being animated and lively to being discarded in the toybox for the night.

My dental adventure has left us financially... anxious. I think that's a nice way to put it.

We're trying to find an affordable, non-thug-filled program for Schuyler for the summer, but those two criteria don't appear to cross paths very often in North Dallas. She might end up needing that shiv after all.

And Julie got so scared by my blood sugar incident that she cried. Hard. I think it's all starting to weigh down on her, too.

So yeah. Here's to next week.

7 comments:

laura capello said...

Oh, man. I hope you figure out your blood sugar levels soon -- baving high or low levels feel awful.

Here's to next week being much better!

:) said...

Oh, Rob. (((((Hug))))

Jentle said...

Have you tried scouting childcare programs on craigslist already? Might be worth a shot.

CameraDawktor said...

Oh hang in there Julie and Rob.

That really sucks!

Ok, I'm dumb but what's a shiv?

It's no fun to feel wiped out and gross and have to work. I've felt that way the last couple of days but I don't have to work outside of the home. That's got to be hard for you.

Hang in there man! We're all pullin' for you.

And thanks for being honest when life's the shits. Not enough people are willing to be that transparent!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to give you a bit of informatio on a program called CCMS- or at least that is what they used to call it. It is for people who need help with paying childcare. I was on it for about four years. They paid a good portion of my daycare expenses. Of course you have to be under a certain income limit and I don't know where yall are at on that. It is normally a long wait but my friend had twins and one of them had club feet which they considered a disability and put her immediately on the program. I don't have their direct number but if you call a government office, I am sure they can direct you to it. A lot of good daycares take CCMS. If there is a possiblity of getting on the program, I would recommend Primrose of West Allen. It is on the border of Allen and Plano just right up Alma in between Hedgcoxe and McDermott. It's a great school. I'm not sure if all of this will work out for you but it's worth a try! Also, Plano has programs for free and reduced lunch payments which might help with income issues and will get her into PASAR for cheaper during the Summer if you qualify.(Again an imcome limit on this) Just check it out. Hope this helps!

Tammy said...

Amen. To next week. This week totally sucked. Messed up hubby's pay three times now! Thanks so much.
To next week.

misty harley said...

I remember well what it was like to have it all collapse at the same time, on the same day and for everyone in the family. One thing led to another and we were all falling apart. Next week or maybe the week after..but it will get better. Crying cleans it up a bit.