April 17, 2006

Mister Fancy Pants Pro Blogger


self
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
Well, it's been announced on another site now, so I can tell you the thing I was being all vague about the other day. Beginning in May, I will become the host of Diabetes Notes, a diabetes blog (well, yeah, you think?) on b5media, "a blogging network by bloggers from around the world covering the subjects they are most passionate about". Well, there you go. I think I'm pretty passionate about diabetes, even if my passion is in exclaiming "Lo, the Beedies, they doth suck my ass."

The folks at b5media have been very cool and seem excited about having me on board. I'm excited, too, even though at this point, my experience with diabetes is more akin to a cautionary tale than an expert opinion. Well, perhaps that's the draw. I think I've accepted the possibility of becoming a trainwreck, particularly if I'm getting paid. Perhaps I'll have a weekly feature called "Don't Eat This!"

So watch for my debut in May. I can't wait to talk about the gila monster drool again.

14 comments:

Rhys said...

Woo-hoo! b5 is lucky to have you. Rock on. Just remember you knew me when. ;)

Tammy said...

Rob that is way way cool. I cant wait to read it.
Way to go. You see I think all in all this year is way better than last year wouldnt you say? Our luck is turning toward the better.
Conga Rats.

grandefille said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

~ flails arms like Kermit the Frog ~

I'm bookmarking it now, big man. C'est magnifique.

And let me know when you need contributions for "Don't Eat This!" My first: garlic bread. Effing stuff. Gah. Screwed my sugar to hell and back last night. First time that's ever happened; I usually allow for those carbs. Not anymore.

Kissses (garlic-flavored ones) from Tennessee.

Anonymous said...

You're so rad.

And I don't mean that in an Eddie Haskell way. Congrats on the pro blogging gig!

Anonymous said...

Very Cool and congrats! I can't wait to read it.

Unknown said...

There goes getting your book written.

:)

Anonymous said...

Yay, Rob! Good for you!

Greg said...

Congrats Rob. I've been reading you FOREVER and look how far you've come... now you're the granddaddy of a Diabetes blog. I'll check it out when you start up, but I fear linking it because my links are starting to go the way of diseases and melancholy. The last blog I linked is called "Cancer Is My Bitch", so I see a pattern starting to form here. Maybe I need to get a funky toe thing and start writing a funky toe blog. Ugh.

Anyhow, congrats on the new assignment.

Anonymous said...

New to your blog and now for the life of me I can't remember where I found you! But just wanted to say hi, and let you know that I'm enjoying it so far, especially the posts about your beautiful little girl.

Kerri. said...

Hello! I found your blog through a link at Diabetes Mine and couldn't resist a visit. I've been authoring a diabetes blog for about a year now and the online community is vast, to say the least.

I'll be linking your blog, if that is okay with you.

Good luck with this new venture and I look forward to reading your work!

jas said...

This from the guy that couldn't even say "blog" six months ago without a shudder of revulsion.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

It's about time you quit giving it away. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

We ARE excited to have you join us at b5media.com (who wouldn't be?!). It'll be the shot in the arm we need or is it belly.... har har You are obviously going to be way funnier than me! ;)

Congratulations!!!

Hsien
Science and Health Editor
b5media.com

Anonymous said...

Welcome Rob - from another b5'er in TX (College Station)- Whoop! And "the beedies doth suck our asses" here too - really looking very forward to DiabetesNotes!