March 26, 2006

No comprende, it's a riddle.


Someone else's mariachi
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
So there I was, at the wedding reception, watching the mariachi band outside the hall warming up and getting ready to walk in.

I snapped a bunch of shots of them, really got some good ones, and was all ready to get more when the leader counted them off and they started to play.

And that's when they walked into the reception for the wedding across the hall from the one I was actually shooting.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh God...that sounds soooo much like something I'd do. :-) Absolutely fantastic. You may not have made your day, but you've certainly made mine.

JAM said...

AWESOME.

Short story -- some out-of-town friends of ours came up for our wedding and ended up being seated at the wedding in the church across the street from ours. They admired the flowers and the music, etc. and then settled in to peruse the program before the ceremony, which is when they realized they were in the wrong church. Greg's version of how they tried to discreetly get up and leave is hilarious, and they did make it to ours just in time. A couple of weeks after we got back from our honeymoon, we opened an envelope from them and it was the program and wedding announcement from the OTHER wedding with a tongue-in-cheek note about the lovely Methodist service (we're Presbyterian).

So was the other wedding's photographer all "Back off, bitch?"

Robert Hudson said...

I never saw another photographer, so I have no idea. We had two, so I suppose I could have gone over and pinch hit, especially since the wedding I was shooting had the wedding photographer's worst nightmare: the bride's Uncle Fred and his fancy pants camera.

Robert Hudson said...

Well duh, Jim. You know I'm a child of the 80's...

Anonymous said...

Hey, That's me! Can use this pic on myspace?

Robert Hudson said...

Of course!