March 12, 2006

Gig


First dance
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
My wedding shoot in Austin went very well, I'm happy to report, with no gigantic tragedies or important shots missed or drunken guests telling me what a crappy photographer I am. Everyone was super cool and I had a good time. If every wedding I shoot solo goes this smoothly, I'll be a happy guy.

And yeah, I know. It'll never happen. Bridezilla is waiting in my future, I know it. But not this time. This bride was fun and relaxed and friendly and even sought me out and talked with me for like half an hour after the reception as I copied all the photos onto my computer. Even when you're one of the hired hands, there's nothing like being chatted up by the bride to make you feel fancy and swell.

I'm heading back to Dallas shortly, and I'm actually feeling okay. I was worried about yesterday, but I actually think that all the running around and being Action Photo Guy for three hours did me a lot of good.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that exercise may actually make me feel better? Pish posh on your crazy new age philosophies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget the BS:G finale. It was jaw-dropping, literatly.

Greg said...

My cousin asked me to videotape his wedding this September and it's freaking me out, because I have only one shot at catching their wedding on tape. I keep thinking, what if the batteries die, what if there's no place to plug it in. Ugh. Okay, deep breaths.

I shot photos at my other cousins wedding and they turned out pretty good, considering I was using a little point and shoot digital, rather than a big old expensive professional camera.