June 25, 2006

Ghostly Girl


"And you'll be at home in the sky..."
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.

Ghostly Girl

Ghostly girl
Too light to stand on the ground
Nothing you do is done
And I can tell
You are not real
Girl, what are you doing here?
I don't know why I am here myself
No one else seems to know
Nobody likes a spook
Or so I've deduced
But I have loved some ghosts in my time
But that doesn't mean I want them around
I'd rather be lost than found
I thought I would lose my mind
But through your eyes I see
Past the billboards to the trees
And the flowering weeds
Grow throught the cracks of the city
And all these things will go
And all these seeds will grow
And you'll be home in the sky

(Lyrics and music by Jolie Holland)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is so Julie's face!

Anonymous said...

it looks like a vintage candid from a photobooth in the oklahoma dustbowl days.

CameraDawktor said...

I love this photo of her and the poem goes with it perfectly.