June 16, 2009

Calling Mister Furious

My apologies for the length of this post. Sometimes it's good to get things on the record.

So Julie received a call this morning from a "legal mediation" company with a Very Serious Legal Issue to discuss with her. The person leaving the message on voicemail said "I don't even think you're aware of what's going on!" So, you know, very scary, and before breakfast, even.

(UPDATE: Apparently they called Julie's parents this morning, too.)

She called the number and got a high strung, angry gentleman at "the Office of the CRA". She was informed that she has an old credit card outstanding debt of over $9000, and unless she gave him her bank information RIGHT THAT INSTANT, the matter was going to go to court and the debt would be reported to the IRS as additional income, and no, we won't send you anything in print, and no, you can't have a moment, you need to give us that information right now now nownownownow!

Julie, not suffering from a head injury, declined to give Mister Furious our bank account numbers, thereby denying the Office of the CRA a sum so vast that they might actually be able to invest in not one but two tacos from Taco Bell. (But sorry, no beverage.) She did, however, keep talking, or rather she tried, but mostly she just listened to this guy with his unresolved anger issues. A few interesting points came out of his frothy rage, however:
  • The credit card on which she had supposedly defaulted on $9000 in debt was one that was closed out a very very long time ago. Years ago, in fact, and the debt had been settled. More importantly, and this will perhaps not surprise you, the limit on that card was nowhere close to $9000. It might have been a thousand. Because, you know, credit card companies may not be smart, but none of them are dumb enough to give the Fabulous Rummel-Hudsons a $9000 line of credit. Certainly not way back then, during our wilder, dumber days.
  • The contact address they had was that of Julie's childhood home, where her parents still live. It may have been listed at one time as a reference address, but it hasn't been listed as her home address since back when she was receiving lunch money.
  • He repeatedly called her "Julie Hudson", which has in fact never been a legal name of hers. You can try a bunch of different combinations, but that's actually the only one that won't work.
  • The most interesting piece of information came when Mister Furious heard me talking to Julie (probably suggesting creative and possibly physically challenging anatomical activities she should suggest to her caller), he said, "You can listen to me, or you can listen to your boyfriend there..."
That's right. Despite their claim to have her comprehensive credit and personal history in the file open before them, the Office of the CRA didn't know that Julie was married. In fact, it appeared that all the information they had on her was pieced together randomly and in most cases wildly inaccurately.

After Mister Furious hung up on Julie, I called them back to try to find out who they were and where they were calling from. I got Mister Furious again, except now he was using a different name. He refused to give any information and said he could only talk to Julie, not me. When I handed the phone to her, she was told that if we called them back again, it would be considered harassment. (Really? Because on this saved voicemail message, it really did sound like you were rather insistent that we call you.)

So there you go.

Here's the thing about this. I think this company is operating under an outdated business model. I suspect they're not entirely unaware of the issues at play since they demand payment information right then, during the call. Because if you have time to go online and start Googling their information, particularly the phone numbers from which they called and which they asked for a return call, you might find some interesting tidbits of information, both from other consumers and from legal websites.

So in order to help "the Office of the CRA" improve their procedures and have more success in scaring the crap out of unsuspecting marks, here's just a sample of what turns up in about two minutes of Googling.




Google: 866-553-0428

CRA Collection Company, Inc.
1150 Lancaster Boulevard
Mechanicsburg, PA
(866) 553-0428

"does anyone know who this company is?? they somehow got my sister's number and is asking for me, claiming to be a law firm."

"who is this company? they are looking for someone who is not at my number and had even called my son in OK looking for this person. They say how important it is and that it is a very serious matter which needs immediate attention. Does anyone know who this is?"

"Paul from CRA called looking for me under a name I have not used in years. I have been divorced, remarried, and 3 kids since using this name. My oldest is in high school now. I live in a new state and number is unlisted. This is just crazy."

"I got a call from this number at my moms house. I have not lived at home for over 16 years. A Ms. Thompson is the caller and she tries to be very intimidating and almost a bully, but she will not give any specific details. My mom is ready to turn it in to the authorities."

"I just got a message from a Mrs. Karis at 866-553-0428. She left a message saying that she was looking for "RO" (married name) from "the city I grew up in." Which was strange because I haven't lived there in over 10 years. And I wasn't married when I lived there. I just felt it was very strange since any account I have with my married name I know is up to date. Do you just ignore this type of call? Or should I call back and find out what's going on? I would hate to think that they will be after my family members next."




Google: 831-274-2477

"A lady called wanted me to relay a message to someone that's supposedly left our phone number as a contact. She just gave a six-digit case no. When I asked for what matter is it related to, the lady started yelling and became extremely rude and said it's none of my business. Caller ID showed the call was from 831-274-2477. She wanted the person to call back at 1-877-407-9274 with just a case no. What a rude scammer!"

"I just received a call (on the cellphone I use for the company that I work for). I do not know how "Kristin" got my phone #. She says she is with CRA company. She was rude and obnoxious and said that she had an urgent call for me, though I never identified myself. She also threatened that she would report me for not identifying myself or my company name. I don't have any debts that need collection, so I don't know why anyone would be phoning me- especially on my company cellphone."




Google: 877-407-9274

"This has never happened to us! I'm glad I wasn't being too gullible tonight! They call from the same phone number 1-866-460-4260. The guy said he name was John Shelton. The guy said that he needed to speak to my husband urgently concerning a legal matter. My husband called back and spoke with a female (sounded white). We had to ask for a company name = CRA. They were unable to tell us what that stood for. They were very on edge, argumentative, and sounded threatening at times...claiming they would turn us into the IRS, if we didn't settle this now. They said that this was a last attempt to collect on a credit card debt before legal action would be taken. They stated that this was on his credit report and needed to be taken care of now. They said they only take credit/debit payment (Go figure). The card/debt they were referring to has been taken care of and the card has been canceled for many yrs, and we know for a fact that it is not on the credit report. My husband hung up on the woman, and she called right back from a different #. She said, "Mr. XXXXX, I can't help you with this, if you keep hanging up. What other legit company would ever do that. She was asking for his SS# and all kinds of stuff! I just want to turn these low life losers in, so they can get caught! It's a shame!"

"Calling all of my daughter's relatives, threatens to serve paper's, she is going to be arrested, calling her elderly grandparents, parents, says it is on excessive debt on a non existant credit card debt of a limit that she was never approved for. The woman "FLIPPED" out, was YELLING, CALLED my daughter CRAZY, would not confirm any information. "

"CRA woman became agitated when i asked for her address, refused, said she'd only been calling for a month, that they were not a collection agency but a 'mediation service.' supervisor Stephanie Martin came on line, said they'd never called me before today, i'd be taken off list. i said i'd been trying to stop calls for a year and a half. also refused address then hung up."

"Harrassment
"866-452-9518 called my neighbor advising her that I gave them permission to contact them to get info about me. My neighbor knew better than this and told them she has nothing to tell them. They then proceeded to advise her that they are going to press charges if I do not call them back. I called them to tell them to NOT call looking for me ever again & I Never gave them authority to call my neighbor advising them that I said they could. The guy started yelling at me sayibg he wouldn't have to call if I paid his client monies owed. I asked what client? What monies? He refused to answer and continued yelling. I hung up the phone. I will be reporting them to FTC as well."


"These people called my Uncle\'s ex- wife from 1988 and initially stated that they wanted to deliver a package and needed to verify the address. That did not work so the called again and stated that they were calling from the office of CRA and some investigators needed to speak with him immediately. I called them back multiple times and they hung up on me whenever I asked what CRA stands for and what type of company were they. Finally they advised me that they were the Consumer Recovery Associates."

"These people caled me 8 months ago, had the wrong first name, middle initial and SS#, told me it was a mistake. They have since reported nick name, alternate SS# to the credit bureau and are now harrasing me again. I think these people are scum. They also stated I made the last payment from an address I had 9 years ago just 6 years ago so it is within the statute of limitations, what idiots! I complained to the FTC and the VA Attorney General! I hope the hard inquiry comes off my credit report and they leave me alone for good. This account is apparently outside the SOL anyway."

Here's a big one:

"If you receive a call from this number, you have been called by junk debt / collection agency that buys debt from original creditors that has been written off or settled and is beyond the statute of limitations in most states. They are trying get the money for themselves, not the original creditor.

They are reportedly a serial violator of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). They may be illegally using credit information obtained from Experian or other credit reporting agencies.

This company has been known to contact and harass people they believe may know the person they are trying to reach including distant relatives, ex-spouses and possible former co-workers.

NEVER answer these calls if you see this as a caller ID. NEVER return these calls. NEVER give them ANY information about the person they are seeking or refer them to others.

Any "positive" comments you read in these notes about the company may have been written by employees of the company.

The company is:

Consumer Recovery Associates
2697 International Parkway #4
Suite 270
PO Box 2916
Virginia Beach, VA 23450-2916

The following is the most comprehensive information gathered about this company from various sources on the Internet.

***If you've been called by a number not on this list or by someone using a different name, please copy this list, add the number/name in the correct order and repost it in its entirety.

Company Names that CRA reportedly uses:

CIA and Associates
CC Associates
Consumer Credit Association
Consumer Recovery Associates
Court Company
CR Associates
CRA Associates
C&R Associates
C & R Associates
Farm CIA & Associates
J Lamb and Associates
and possibly GC Services

Phone numbers that CRA reportedly uses:

(list redacted because it is crazy long.)

Individual names that CRA reportedly uses:
(also redacted for length, but the woman who left the voicemail, Mister Furious and his Furious Twin are all on the list)"




And finally...

Pennsylvania Consumers Challenge CRA Security Systems' Collection Practices

Bradley v CRA Security Systems, Inc.
CASE ID: 3131 | CREDIT / DEBT | 02/06/2004

A statewide class action has been filed in Pennsylvania against CRA Security Systems, Inc. and their parent company, Capital Recovery Associates, Inc. The action is brought on behalf of all Pennsylvania residents who received a form type collection letter demanding immediate payment of the consumers' alleged debt. The action is brought under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and seeks statutory damages as well as injunctive and declaratory relief.
According to consumers, CRA used language in its initial collection letters that was confusing and deceptive. Federal law requires that all collection services include a notice in their initial collection letters that informs consumers of their right to investigate the validity of a debt within 30 days. Although CRA's letter contained this notice, consumers allege that other language in the letter overshadowed the notice and rendered it ineffective. Specifically, the letters requested immediate attention by remitting payment. Consumers allege that by demanding immediate attention and payment, they were unable to determine if they were given 30 days to investigate the validity of the debt, or if they were required to pay immediately. Additionally, the letters were allegedly "signed" by Richard Lyons. According to consumers, there is no viable evidence to suggest that a Richard Lyons reviewed their debt or that Richard Lyons is even employed by CRA. However, consumers claim this "signature" is meant to convey to them that the debt had been reviewed by an actual person. According to consumers, CRA also routinely charges allegedly illegal fees for returned checks. Finally, even after repeated attempts to dispute the validity of the debts, many consumers claim that CRA never provided them with validation.

Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, any unfair, misleading or intimidating language is forbidden in collection letters or other forms of communication. The consumers allege that the language used by CRA fulfills this standard. They claim that CRA's language overshadows and renders ineffective the 30 day notice of disputing the validity of the debt. They claim that CRA's use of a signature that is allegedly bogus conveys a false and misleading impression that an actual person has reviewed their account, when in fact the letters are "form" type and mass mailed. Finally, consumers claim that CRA typically ignores all attempts to dispute the validity of the debt and continues with coercive efforts designed to elicit immediate payment. According to consumers the potential class is quite numerous, numbering in the thousands, and perhaps tens of thousands.





So there you go! Best of luck, Office of the CRA. Also, we filed reports with the Attorneys General of Texas, Virginia and Pennsylvania. You really should check out this Internet thing. I didn't even have to put my pants on!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrbile, but in my case, ironic. I received a phone call about a month ago from a compnancy claiming that I had an unpaid parking ticket and that I needed to call them back in regards to a payment. I also received a letter from them in the mail, and the letter struck me as quite suspicious.
It opened with, "as to your request, here is a copy of your oustanding funds" - I did not request anything. It was also missing information- the date of the violation was blank as well as the location of the violation. There was a sentance in the letter that said, "this letter will prove that we are registered creditors for the city of...." and it was not signed by anyone. I really thought it was a scam as it struck me as quite phony.
So I called up the city of... and spoke to a woman who works in the parking ticket dept and apparently I did owe money- I had an outstanding parking ticket from the fall of 2007 and the company that had sent me the letter really was legit. Ooops.

Anonymous said...

This unfortunately happens ALL the time. :( This happened to my husband recently. We got letters from a "law office" saying we owed them 634 dollars. I've been with my husband since we were in high school, I'd remember a debt that big floating around out there.


The law office letter was the VERY SAME people featured on Maxed Out. They couldn't tell us where the debt was from, the original balance. Nothing. Yet, we were expected to pay RIGHT NOW 634 dollars.

Luckily, I had recently seen a documentary called "Maxed Out" which talks about these aggresive collectors. They buy these accounts for pennies, and then threaten people who have good credit, scaring them with the threat of tarnished credit. I was telling my sister about it and she said she probably would have just paid it to keep her good credit. That's how they work. Fear.

Niksmom said...

Wow, we haven't gotten those calls (yet) but I'd be willing to bet that many of my elderly neighbors and my parents (and their friends) are being victimized by scumbags like CRA. Thanks for sharing this, Rob.

giddy girlie said...

I've gotten calls from these very same people, except they call 2-3 times a day looking for somebody else. I have tried telling them that no one by that name lives here and they start yelling about how I am lying. Anyway, it's pretty hilarious when they leave the computer-generated voicemails, because the system cannot pronounce the name of whoever they're trying to reach so it sounds like Emily Scjkslsafoaewbee (I even had to take a quick video, because it's ridiculously hilarious: http://www.flickr.com/photos/giddygirlie/2960189506/)

Christopher said...

We got a phone call looking for my wife's brother in law once. I don't know how or why they called our house, he has never lived there.

The woman got belligerent when I told her I didn't know who she was talking about. Then she started demanding my name. I wouldn't give it to her and she started yelling at me that I had to. I pointed out that she had called me and therefore should probably no who she was talking to.

My wife kept telling me to get off the phone but I was having so much fun yanking her chain that I kept that going for longer than it should have. I clearly need a hobby.

Sonja Streuber, PMP(R), SSBB said...

You're kidding, right?

I need to send your post to my mom in law. She would totally fall for a trick like that.

Robert Hudson said...

A few people have asked for the long lists that I left off. Here they are, sorry this is so long.

Phone numbers that CRA reportedly uses:
215-325-1354
234-542-2874
310-601-7244
310-734-6338
310-855-3688
310-860-6293
317-536-5458
319-892-0349
323-319-5178
404-474-4884
404-963-8760
430-200-0007
505-349-0354
505-718-4945
517-879-4821
615-469-5268
617-674-2967
619-564-4447
619-564-4473
620-273-4256
702-946-0389
703-280-1121
706-417-9193
713-518-1966
757-271-6637
757-271-8786
757-271-8787
757-271-8788
757-271-8789
757-271-8888
757-271-8889
757-368-3622
757-368-3623
757-368-3627
757-368-8004
757-368-8331
757-368-8337
757-368-8537
757-468-0169
775-293-4583
800-762-9864
800-913-4915
801-241-2616
801-349-2616
801-386-7803
805-284-9506
816-332-6242
859-514-0968
864-335-7028
866-272-3041
866-367-0328
866-374-6604
866-418-3360
866-442-2693
866-499-6608
866-563-9556
866-645-6269
866-645-8525
866-645-8654
866-655-0659
866-656-5380
866-657-1658
866-657-6525
866-673-1748
866-857-3916
866-861-9257
877-213-3830
877-217-7084
877-240-5390
877-240-9350
877-241-4559
877-284-6622
877-289-4690
877-298-7036
877-298-7306
877-298-7806
877-320-5615
877-326-5615
877-334-2942
877-360-1616
877-407-9274
877-507-3402
877-738-4814
888-253-9713
888-310-5679
888-413-8823
888-706-4381
949-873-2855

Individual names that CRA reportedly uses:

Donald Adair
Mark Adair
Chris Adams / Christopher Adams
Amy
Laura Angelini
Charles Bambino
Ms. Beagles
Ms. Blaine
Sarah Brevard / Sara Brevard
Peter Bronson
Tracy Burman
Mr. Cagle
Mrs. Campbell
Ms. Catasin
Kirby Chapman
Vincent Cignerale
Ms. Claine
Sarah Danvers / Sara Danvers
Raymond Davis
Marion Dunham
Ms. Elder
Ellie Faircloth
Jennifer Feagles
Denise Flynn
James Fox
Gail
John Gibson
Mr. Gilam / Gillum
Bert Glenn
Laura Glenn
Sidney Albert Glenn
Conrad Gray / Conrad Grey
Paul Gowl
Christy Hartman
Mr. Hartman
Miss Howard
Jane
Mrs. Jenkins
Ms. Jewel
James Johnson
Mrs. Johnson
Perry Johnson
Mrs. Jones
Jay Lamb / J Lamb
Mr. Lane
Tyler Lang
Mr. Ludwig
Kelly
Ms. Kitchens
Ms. Kitchum
Kristen / Kristin
Lindsay / Lindsey
Lisa
Marisa / Marisha
Stephanie Martin
Melissa
Monica
Chad Miller / Chat Miller
Gary Miller
Sherri Morse / Sherry Morse
Mr. Parker
Rebecca
Gary Reison / Gary Reasons
George Reasons
Jennifer Segal
Liz Segal
Tonya Sells
Scott
Eric Scott
K C Scott
Randall Scott
Richard Scott
John Sheldon / John Shelton
Ms. Silva / Silvia / Sylvia
Michelle Silver
Mr. Sitton
Liz Spiegel / Spiegle
Christine Spruill
Stacy / Stacey
Jim Stewart
Curtis Taylor / Curtis R. Taylor
Mrs. Thompson
Tony
Vivian
Mr. Wang
Mr. Weippert
Ms. Wells
Maranda Whiten / Miranda Whitten
Gina Williams
Mrs. Yelder

Quill2006 said...

Hey Robert, it might be a good idea to spread this information around a bit by sending this post to consumerist.com. It's a pretty awesome site that posts stories like this so that more people are aware of all the scams and financial pitfalls out there.

Kirsty Worth said...

Thats quite a scary thing, I bet alot of people would hand out their details there and then!
As serious a matter as it is though, the "scooby doo style mystery" music over the case-number made me laugh a little!

Jennifer Good said...

The bakery (and some people who work there) has been getting phone calls as of late for a "second car warranty" expiring, and to call X number immediately or face some kind of consequence. It's a recording, so we usually hang up, but I'm sure people have been screwed over by it. Just a head's up.

Jerry Critter said...

What a bunch of assholes!

Robert Hudson said...

At least one friend of mine has crank called them today. Not that I would ever encourage such behavior 866-553-0428.

Jim Howard said...

I sent this to my kids, this post is public service.

MS said...

This group called me, coincidentally on the same evening that a legit company called looking for a relative of mine. This latter group called the place I worked at, and was extremely rude to the person who answered the phone. Like others have comments on here, the group had the wrong name... I don't have any credit accounts that use my full legal name, they all use my legal signature name. In fact, all of my accounts have notations to not accept signatures that use my full legal name, because I never use it.
They also called me at home, and refused to give me any information, couldn't tell me the name of the account they were trying to collect on, but eventually admitted it was the relative, and my name turned up in a "Google search" that I lived with that relative. Clearly, not only can they not use Google search correctly, but they don't seem to grasp that the work phone number and the "home address" they claim was mine are like 300 miles apart...

Anonymous said...

I can guarantee you they aren't GC Services, and are not related to GC Services at all.

Anonymous said...

I've had something similar happen to me over the last couple of months. The first time they called and left a message I immediately googled them and found out they are scammers. The company is based in upstate NY (or at least the cell phones they call from are from there, they are always 716 area codes with different numbers). They change the name of the company so often it's hard to keep track, most recently they called themselved Capital Management. They started calling my parents house and then my cell phone. They claim I have an old credit card debt that is going to be brought to "court proceedings" if I don't pay them $750. I keep good records and know there is no such credit card debt. I told them I needed to see the records for it but they won't give me any information in writing and got very nasty and argumentative and cursing when I insisted(a BIG tip off that it's a scam - if they sent anything in the mail it would be mail fraud). Then they tried to tell my father he was responsible for the debt because I used their address for this "credit card I opened". I live with my parents but I am WELL over the age of 18 so it's in no way their responsibility. My father gave it to them pretty good last time they called. I doubt I'll hear from them again. Thanks for brining this to the public's attention, they can be very intimidating but don't fall for it!

jennifer_jj said...

Craziness, sheer craziness.

Anonymous said...

As someone who works in accounts receivable (which includes business-to-business and consumer collections), this is definitely against the collections laws - even if there are legitimate claims. Wow.

Mandee - I Think You Should said...

talesofmy30's took the words right out of my mouth--even if this were a legitimate debt, the Fair Debt Collections and Practices Act forbids that kind of douchey behavior.

I had a couple of different companies leaving messages on my home phone for some guy I'd never heard of. I ignored it until they started calling and waking me up on Saturday mornings. At that point, I laid into them and pulled the FDCPA card out of my back pocket and they fell off the face of the earth.

Donnathedead said...

Wow. What a bastard. Or weasel. Whatever. I got a call like that about a week ago. I looked for the number on my cell but it was gone. I didn't answer it though. Anyway, I copied and pasted this to all my friends and family, and thanks Rob, for posting the numbers and stuff too. I myself would have told them to bite me, but the hubby probably would have made payment arrangements.

LizrdGizrd said...

Clark Howard (a consumer advocate) has covered this topic a lot on his radio show and website. If you want to give these scum a hearty "drop dead", Clark has a form letter for just that:

http://clarkhoward.com/liveweb/shownotes/category/12/103/358/399/

Basically it says don't contact me anymore or you'll be in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. There's a lot more stuff over on Clark's site if you're interested.

Oh, and I'm not affiliated with him or his media empire in any way except that I listen to him on the radio occasionally.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was taken in by them and gave them my account information. They knew so much about me and sounded very legit and quite rude. However, I did get a nagging feeling that something was not right so I looked up their number and found the thread. I then called my bank and got it taken care of so they wouldn't get any of our money. People like this need to be taken aside and treated the way they treat the people they call.

Anonymous said...

"Legitimate" collectors (especially working for credit card companies) also often use these emotional/urgent methods to get people to respond to collection.

Whether someone actually owes a debt, once owed one, or is just targeted because his/her name is similar to someone else's, the slimeball tactics can be very effective at getting people to do stupid things to shut a collector up.

There's a christian debt counselor who hates these guys with a passion, and he has some great advice for dealing with them (as do you, Rob).

My religious beliefs (or lack of them) parallel yours, Rob, so that this guy calls his advice "biblically-based" isn't a selling point with me, but Dave Ramsey frequently discusses in detail how these guys operate. Ramsey is full of spine-strengthening advice for people who are maybe too nice (and too credulous) for their own good.

I kept listening to Dave Ramsey for years (radio and free on the internet, too) because of what I learned about human (and corporate) behavior. It was fascinating.

Also, just as a side note, never give a corporation the name or address of a relative. They don't need it for anything but harassment later on down the line, and you can't control into whose hands that information may pass down the line.

I'd add "pay your bills", too, but that won't necessarily keep you out of the clutches of these thieves, though it might help.

mooserbeans said...

Wow, they called the wrong person. Thanks for the ifo!

mckait said...

My son and I both got settlements from .. if not them, their clone.
Threats and lies and you name it.

between us we got nearly ten thousand dollars.. but of course our attorneys got first crack at the loot :)

The money was nice, but I was more pleased just to make them pay for their vileness.

Deborah said...

My husband is serving in Iraq, and this is my first tour with him away... its been only 10 weeks so far.
This morning at 8:10am I recieve an URGENT phone message from an Austin Kitchen (he needs new objects to name himself after) stating that I have to phone him right away and gave a "Tag" number. Whats a military wife to do? Urgent phone message, tag number, no other info.? I thought they come to my door first? I surely phoned right back and spoke with the rudest, most arguementative woman in my life. I was armed with all the right questions, they on the other hand, had none of the answers they should have. Then, she HUNG up on me! I phoned back, with a little more attitude this time, and demanded answers as to why they felt the need to leave such a horrible message on the phone? I explained the situation of my hubbys deployment... his exact response was "Well good for him..." Un-quote!!!!!! I lost it! They hng up again. I called back again and the "new" guy who sounded just like the old guy, told me if I phoned them back again they would report me for harrassment. I told them its down the block from their headquarters, around the corner from this IRS issue they claim, and a neighborhood over from I cant give a crap.
These people are scum, my debt is years past the statue and has been resolved and not on my credit as claimed. The name they used I have not been in 3 years, and my continual requests for some paperwork or proof of this issue was denied. How do they keep getting away with such things? Their number is 866-553-0428 ask for Austin Kitchen and tell him Deborah days Hello! :)
Isnt the internet great!

Clever Idea Widgetry said...

My wife started a cottage industry suing people that called us. Funny thing, after you win a few, the calls stop.

Thursday W. said...

Heh. I did get a court summons this week about an old debt, but the people? were fantastically professional and sympathetic. Even quoted me the bits of the legal code that state specifically that they could not take payment info over the phone...

Anonymous said...

Who needs Snopes when you've got Rob??

Anonymous said...

I got a similar call last week from the same outfit. I won't go into it all here -- I also posted a long blog for documentation purposes http://sugarplumtree.livejournal.com/4867.html -- but I'd swear the guy I talked to was your Mr. Furious. I'd be interested to read an update if anything comes of the reports you filed.