April 5, 2008

The John McMullen Show

I survived my first live radio experience with a minimum of anxiety this week. It was a longer interview than I've done before, and a little light on laughs, but he asked some questions that were different from past interviews, so that shook things up a little. Overall, I think the interview went pretty well.

Sadly, there were some weird technical issues that made the actual broadcast almost unlistenable. For some reason, the levels on my input kept getting louder and softer, over and over, as if I were walking around waving the phone like a maniac. In fact, I was sitting at my desk at work, with a minimum of maniacal gesturing, so I can only assume that there was something about my phone that was sabotaging the call. Stupid phone.

I did manage to get a clean copy from a nice person out there, and I went into iMovie and futzed around with the levels to try to minimize some of the weirdness. It still sounds a little strange, but I think it's at least listenable now.

Anyway, here it is.

7 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I'll be curious to hear if others have the same problem I did. It gets to where you're talking about Schuyler playing soccer and stops.

Otherwise, excellent interview, though. The man did his homework and you sounded very intelligent.

Robert Hudson said...

No one's mentioned any problems to me, but then, maybe no one else is actually listening to it!

Danielle said...

i had to refresh it half-way through to get it to load, but otherwise, no problems here.

Staci Cook said...

I thought the interview went very well. I do think that the radio host talked WAY too much though - especially at the beginning. I didn't have any trouble listening to the broadcast. Maybe it's because I have a Mac?

Jentle said...

I listened to the broadcast live (streaming web) and didn't notice any sound issues, but maybe I missed something in the fact that I wasn't exactly hanging on every word? - Yeah, there were a few original questions, but mostly it was going back over stuff for people new to your story... And, by the time you finally got on, I was a bit sick of listening to him.

I'm not sure I'm a qualified analyst, but it seemed like a good interview! :)

Anonymous said...

It stopped for me halfway, too, but on refreshing it everything hummed along smoothly.

Enjoyed the interview, though... (and thoroughly enjoyed the book, too, I might add).

Anonymous said...

Damn, Rob.

After listening to that radio show I'm glad your a writer!

Kidding.

Later bro.

Hank/Jim.