January 4, 2008

SCHUYLER'S MONSTER: "The best that we can..."



Transcript:

Julie: I think it's really shown me what I'm capable of, what my strengths are. Learning not to back down to teachers, to school administrators, to our families when they doubted us, that we just kind of did our own thing and persevered.

It's a pretty eye-opening experience, getting handed this huge responsibility for this little person, and being told "You have no guide book, you have no rules. This is what's wrong with your kid, and you have no idea why, and just, here you go, here's the book. Enjoy. Try to do the best that you can."

And I feel like we have done the best that we can. Some days are good, some days are bad. But at the end of the day, I think you and I can feel confident in knowing that we've raised a pretty amazing kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"But at the end of the day, I think you and I can feel confident in knowing that we've raised a pretty amazing kid."

You certainly have, and you should be very proud. :)