April 24, 2007

Return of the fancy



Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
Tomorrow, I'm going to spend the day in Austin pretending to be a fancy pants author, visiting some book stores to promote my fancy pantsedness. I can't tell you how nice it'll be to get out of Dallas, even just for the day. My pants, they have not been feeling so fancy lately.

If you are a fancy pants media person in Austin and are thinking of attending the very first ever fancy pants mediabistro.com All-Media Party in Austin, I hope to see you there.

Remember, wear your fancy pants. (Well, dress for the party is casual, so your pants need only be fancy in your BRAIN...)

10 comments:

Omar said...

I'll be there with my fanciest pants.

Sadly, they are shorts.

Robert Hudson said...

Well, perhaps I'll take a Zen approach, in that the fanciest of pants might just be NO PANTS AT ALL...

misdee said...

Ah the world of fancy pants.

No pants at all would be very fancy . please remember that I am in the Uk and pants = underwear.

Robert Hudson said...

Well, that's even fancier, isn't it?

misdee said...

it would be very very fancy, you are right. please no pics...

jennifergg said...

My pants, they are not fancy. And sadly, Austin is very very far away. Have a great time!

Shannon said...

Rob.
Do you have to be a media person? I am not but I want to go!
Help!
Shannon in Austin

PS: I have fancy pants to wear.

Robert Hudson said...

My impression is that the definition of "media" is pretty loose for these things...

Annie D said...

good luck !
I hope (selfishly) that your book is huge huge huge and everyone hears about it all over America and elsewhere. It will be great for other mute kids (like my son) to have that exposure, so that people will simply be aware that mutes exist. Was that clear ? What I mean is, I hope the book is huge, so that other people will realize that there are mute people out there. It takes people a while to get the idea that my son is NOT deaf, he just doesn't speak. And having a story like yours be huge could really help in terms of social awareness for many kids like Schuyler and my son Liam.

Anonymous said...

(Well, dress for the party is casual, so your pants need only be fancy in your BRAIN...)

I think that might be my favorite sentence ever.