December 27, 2006

Crybaby


It's crunch week here at the Fancy Pants Book Boy Blog. I am three chapters away from completion, and while I'm obviously cutting it close in my "finished by the end of the year" goal, I also don't work this week (thanks, academia!) so it might just happen. Depends on whether or not I feel like engaging in the loserly extravagance known as sleep.

Christmas around here was quiet but fun. We're actually planning a sort of Christmas 2.0 for after my book advance check arrives. It's not a particularly large advance, and I'm not going to complain about it because it's a pretty swell problem to have, the whole "when am I going to get paid for the book I haven't actually given my publisher yet but which they're going to publish for me and make all my dweams come twue" thing. Before I got the book deal, if I'd read someone bitching about their advance not being paid fast enough for their selfish soul, I'd be sticking pins in a doll pretty quickly.

Still. You know how it is.

So three chapters to go, and then do you know what I'm going to do, before I edit and send it in? Can you guess?

That's right. I'm getting drunk. Worst case scenario, I'll pick up some booze when I start knocking over liquor stores.

5 comments:

Julie Pippert said...

Good luck! You can do it.

I highly recommend you splurge on Champagne (try orange juice ice cubes in it) or a mojito.

I mean, you know, from what I've heard...not what I do, of course. ;)

And if Miss S still needs some bling...I know some good sources.

Anonymous said...

Bottoms up, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2007 to you and your family. I hope it's a wonderful year for you! Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Fuckin A!

Mark G

tonya said...

This is so cool; I'll be really excited to hear about how the editing process works and all!