July 18, 2006

Email of the Week

From: cool Dutch name deleted
Date: July 18, 2006
To: rhudson@digitalism.com
Subject: Hello from The Netherlands

Hello Rob,

On your website about your pragnent wife Julie, I saw that she had put a headphone on her belly. Is that relaxing for the baby, when you put on soft music? Because a week ago I saw on a website that another women had a headphone on her pregnant belly, and that gave me an idea to innovate this. By making a belt with earplugs on it with a standard jack, so you can put it in your mp3/stereo.

Kind Regards,
cool Dutch name deleted


My favorite part is where he asks me if it's relaxing for the baby. I'm so stupid, I totally forgot to ask Schuyler when she was born...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, Rob, but it DID make me wish I'd tried this back when I was pregnant (headphones on belly, that is). If it does work to relax the baby, maybe he wouldn't have kicked me so darn hard.

bozoette said...

Geez, if only you'd known!

K said...

I'm confused. Would the earplugs go in the pregnant woman's ears, or on her abdomen? Or would it be strap-on headphones, for the exclusive use of the baby? Or is it not at all connected with maternity apparel?

This invention is making my empty head hurt.

Christina said...

I'm currently 7 1/2 half months pregnant, and this is making me laugh. Maybe my fetus is different or something, but there's NO WAY that would relax her. If there's music, or anything with a vaguely repetitive sound, within her hearing, she immediately starts dancing. On my RIBS. With, apparently, CLOGS.

Anonymous said...

Christina -- somehow I'm sure you need to tell either Dooce or Blurbomat about the clogs...

Anonymous said...

"relaxing for the baby". Hmmm. Probably so, as long as it isn't gangsta rap. For that headphones aren't nearly enough -- you've got to strap on a couple of subwoofers and be careful of those filter caps around water! Also, mummy must wear some dangly jewelry to mimic the rattling of loose car body panels.

misty harley said...

as a side note, the experiment that included headphones blaring the likes of Metallica and Ozzy result in a child with "wanna be rock star" syndrome.

Just a warning. Really, I wouldn't know personally.