May 2, 2008

Hello there, Houston


Schuyler & Jasper
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob
UPDATE: I just heard from the reporter. Apparently his bosses like the story so much that they are going to hold it for a bigger ratings night and do some local promotion for it. So look for this to run on May 12th.

--------

If you live in Houston, you can catch Greg Groogan's story on Schuyler's Monster and the Rummel-Hudsons tonight at 9pm Central on Fox 26.

For those of you not in Houston, you can watch a live video stream. (It shows traffic the rest of the time, which I've found myself strangely mesmerized by all morning.) I'll post a link to the story at the end of this entry as soon as it goes up, probably tomorrow.

I think this is going to be a good story. I got a little sneak preview of the script in progress the other day, and it's a little more dramatic and personal than the ones we've participated in before, which is sort of fun. It's nice to change thing up now and then.

While I was watching the live feed this morning, I just happened to catch the "what's on tonight's broadcast" guy:

"Tonight you're going to meet a father whose successful struggle with his daughter's autism has led to a novel."

Well, okay. Close enough. At least he didn't say she had monkeypox.

8 comments:

Lauri said...

Hey Guess what? I just checked your book out of my local library.. it has been on my wish list and my " gonna buy it as soon as I can" list...but other stuff comes up like gas and such.


so friggin excited to see it on the what's new shelf.

Loving it so far

Danielle said...

How different would this be for us if all of your fame and success occured before the days of live feeds and YouTube?

Of course, some of us young whippersnappers cannot remember "those days," but it's sort of exhilarating to imagine what the dark ages might have looked like.

And scary too.

Can't wait for the story!

Anonymous said...

Novel? I haven't had a chance to get your book, knowing it would just languish in a huge stack of other books I can't find time to read. But it's not a novel. Is it? Of course, I KNOW Schuyler doesn't have autism. I mean, duh. Autism Awareness month has done some good, though, and that's very cool for "my side."

Robert Hudson said...

Yeah. It was an honest mistake, though. It just cracked me up at the time.

Anonymous said...

Did I miss the ending of the Jasper debacle? Does Schuler know? What brave -- or foolhardy -- thing did you end up doing?

Love your book, your blog, your spiritual journey (such as it is) and your political views. Since they mostly match mine, it appears you are quite brilliant and insightful!

Anonymous said...

I have recently finished your book and just wanted to say thank you. It is such a powerful story. I am both a mom of two girls and a speech therapist. I learned so much from reading your story- both personally and professionally. Thank you again and I can't wait to keep readin!

Anonymous said...

HI,
I just bought your book from Amazon and received it Friday.. I can't wait to read it..

Anonymous said...

I too wondered about Jasper in this photo. I think he's a pretty cute little guy - how does Schuyler feel about him these days?