July 15, 2013

Of Tribes and Truths

Today at Support for Special Needs:
I watch the disability community again and again choose to address its issues by forming up into circular firing squads and shooting each other in the face with breathtaking zeal. I imagine the policy makers and the school administrators and the everyday citizens with no exposure to our lives and our worlds. I imagine them watching our infighting and our persistent dedication to choosing the low road, and instead of pondering the issues that are of importance to this community, they might simply conclude "Wow, what a bunch of assholes."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's so sad, although true. I have seen it myself. Two factions of parents who's children have the same disability, sniping at each other like mortal enemies. I don't that's going to help their children.