September 4, 2012

Words for Life

Today over at Support for Special Needs, I discuss what is essentially the AAC equivalent of the capture of Bigfoot AND the Yeti riding on the Loch Ness Monster. Yes, friends, PRC has released its Unity language system for the iPad. My early thoughts on this new app, the one we never thought we'd see.

A quick personal note: we are putting our plans for Chicago in a holding pattern for the time being. Note that I said a holding pattern. We're circling the airport patiently, not crashing into the side of a mountain. Assmonkeys and their sock puppets will chatter regardless. Well, what are you gonna' do?




3 comments:

Robert Hudson said...

Anon-PG:

I'm obviously not posting your comment, but thanks for the info. It pretty much confirms what I already figured. Not much I can do about it either way, but it's good to know that someone else knows, too. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

You were right, that pic is pretty boss.

Anonymous said...

I recently found a text-to-speech app that'll do for the times I can't speak (they're infrequent enough that I can't justify the cost of an actual AAC app, and the free ones are not what I need). It didn't sound right until I set the engine to British!