June 25, 2007

Creative play is not for the weak


Inevitable
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
If you ever wondered what would happen if ballerinas and Tyrannosaurus met in combat, Schuyler has done a little independent research and has an answer.

Schuyler is surprisingly unsentimental when she plays. Her toys are pretty evenly split between girly girl dolls (heavy on groovy Girls, and thankfully moving away from Barbie and her Disney ilk) and dinosaurs, monsters and general animal life. Schuyler loves her dolls, but she also understands the world and how it works well enough to know that if you are given a choice between being a ballerina and a Tyrannosaurus, it's a no brainer.

Schuyler possesses more charm than most people I've met, but I suspect she'd usually rather have big teeth and nasty claws. She's a bit of a realist that way.

5 comments:

Nicole P said...

This is an awesome post. That picture made me nostalgic. I used to bury my Barbie Dolls head first in the sand with their feet facing heavens - and then I'd position my brothers gun-toting GI Joe's around them... A great set of legs is also nothing up against an M16, I guess.

Summer said...

Is that Tyrannosaurus for hire? I have a summer school principal that really needs an attitude adjustment before school starts in two weeks. I am thinking that it might take a T-Rex to knock some sense into her. :) I love the picture! My Barbie dolls were only good until I had given them every haircut possible and then they were handed over to my older brother for activities best left undiscovered. I then stole his GI Joes in exchange. Neither of us had anything nearly as cool as that T-Rex!

Julie Pippert said...

Of course! Goodness, of course!

Awesome photo and story.

Unknown said...

When I was 8 I ripped the head off my Malibu Barbie and slapped it on the body of Terminator 2 ala Pee Wee's Playhouse. I called her Rambi, and I still have her.

Chris said...

My two girls are getting that way with their girly toys. They still do have an affinity for their Build-A-Bear dolls, however.