September 25, 2006

I didn't see THAT coming.


Do you like apples?
Originally uploaded by Citizen Rob.
Thanks to the very nice people at Publishers Weekly, I now have several copies of the September 11, 2006 edition, for free even. I called them a few days ago to confirm that I was actually in it before buying a few copies from their archive department, and she said, "Oh, give me your address and I'll just send you a couple of copies." She ended up sending five.

This was super cool since I was pretty sure the notice was there, but I hadn't actually seen it yet. It's always nice to be able to hold something like this in hand and be able to actually see the other articles so I can feel all legitimate and flip the pages until I get to the Deals section and see HOLY CRAP, THAT'S MY PHOTO.

Well. That'll wake you up in the morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't they swap the headlines though? Surely the "Formerly Fat" is the proper one? :-o

Nightfall said...

That is a great picture of you. Oh, and happy Shostakovich's birthday.

Shostakovich Gets Lost in His Own Biography

Jonathon Morgan said...

Sorry to post a comment relatively unrelated to this one. Just found My Beloved Monster and Me and think it's great.

Congrats on the article, the book, et all.

Texas dad-bloggers are the best!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congratulations on making Publishers Weekly! Just further evidence of your upward movement. One of these days you'll be selling 'em out like JK Rowling ;o) But seriously, congrats!

Anonymous said...

That IS really cool... CONGRATS!